Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scottie 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 25, 2009 @ 14:48
    Scottie

Membership Provider Error

Hi,

I am getting a config error on setup and it seams to be pointing to the 'Membership Provider' section in the web.config.

Everything seams to be fine, i run through the setup and get to 4/5 'change password'... then errors...

Any idea's???

v4.0.2.1
    asp.net v2.0
    IIS v6

Scott.

• hughy 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 11, 2009 @ 22:47
    hughy

I'm getting the same error on version 4.0.3. Any solutions?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2009 @ 06:21
    Aaron Powell

Actually providing the error may help :P

Dec 16, 2009 @ 22:58
    hughy

Configuration Error body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Request failed.

Source Error:

Line 124:      <providers>
    Line 125:        <clear />
    Line 126:        <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="TestType" />
    Line 127:        <add name="AspNetSqlMemberShipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" />
    Line 128:        <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" />

Source File: F:\hshome\hughy\umbraco.hughy.com\web.config    Line: 126

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Dec 16, 2009 @ 23:01
    hughy

The copy/paste above didn't work exactly as expected. Basically it looks like it's bombing on the UmbracoMembershipProvider when you try to set the admin password during installation.

• max.m 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 20, 2010 @ 11:21
    max.m

I have the same issue with installing on a shared hosting platform. I think this might be due to the IIS Security Level of our provider. Mine is "Medium Trust" so I guess it won't work.. It really sucks because I just paid for the next 15 months of the service last month :(

• Jon Jenkins 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 01:31
    Jon Jenkins

My host even allows trust to be set to Full explicitly (Winhost) and it still fails. So, seems like the membership provider changes visible in 4.0.3's web.config really changed the shared hosting capability...! :(

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2010 @ 22:55
    Aaron Powell

Just had this problem on one of our sites, turned out we were missing this line from the web.config:

<trust level="full" />

(It belongs in <system.web>)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tkscy493.aspx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft