Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris McVittie 103 posts 75 karma points
    Sep 25, 2009 @ 21:33
    Chris McVittie

odd error when db server stopped....

hi,

just had a dev site go down.  the db server was stopped, with nothing in the event log.  asp.net was putting the following error into the log.

i started dtc and my sql express instance and all was fine again.  

but I wouldn't have expected this error in the log - Error 26 - Error locating instance specified...

anyone else got this?

thanks,

chris

Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Message: Type 'umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException' in Assembly 'umbraco.DataLayer, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

StackTrace:    at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossAppDomainSerializer.SerializeObject(Object obj, MemoryStream stm)

at System.AppDomain.Serialize(Object o)

at System.AppDomain.MarshalObject(Object o)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft