Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aki 9 posts 29 karma points
    Sep 27, 2009 @ 21:32
    Aki

upgrade from 3.0.5 to latest vr. 4 (default To Live Editing: error message)

Hi forum

I tried to make an major upgrade and followed the steps given in a installation guide.

I was not successfull and have now restored ver. 3.0.5. on the server.

I am not running as localhost beacuse we develop the site on the server and the old site is still active.

Nevertheless, I got the error message - (after fixing "custom errors mode to "off") - "default To Live Editing error, when trying to start umbraco

backend.

I am using windows 2008 server and I think it is running 3.5 .asp.net , so problem could be there, beacuse I did not make changes to web.config as

mentioned in that document. My host is Unoeuro.com and for me it does look like their use 3.5 .asp.net.

I think I am a bit in too deep water for me here with this upgrade but anybody have any suggestions what could be a problem with that error message?

any suggestions appriciated..

thanks

aki

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Sep 28, 2009 @ 10:51
    Douglas Robar

When you upgrade your v3 site to v4, copy all the files/folders (including the /install folder) as noted in the upgrade guide. Then, before you view or log in to the site, update the web.config to clear the following entry.

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

Then, when you visit the site you'll automatically run the /install scripts, which will properly update your site and database. You won't see anything about live editing or any other errors.

cheers,
    doug.

• Aki 9 posts 29 karma points
    Sep 28, 2009 @ 11:05
    Aki

Hi Doug

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, found the entry and try this later.

Thabks for your contribution.

cheers

aki

• Mig Ponce 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 16, 2011 @ 09:53
    Mig Ponce

NOT WORK FOR ME.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft