Hi folks, this is the first time I've tried to do this. Here's what I have:

Content
    - Main
      - MainPage1
      - MainPage2
    - Test
      - TestPage1
      - TestPage2

I have selected the Main node, Manage Hostnames, and added the plain zzz.com as well as www.zzz.com. I did the same with Test and assigned test.zzz.com. Both Main and Test nodes are redirecting pages, each using Umbraco's hidden redirect to the first sub-node.

On my hosting setup I have created a Subdomain called test.zzz.com. Unfortunately this points to a "test" folder under my main wwwroot folder. This may well be a mistake but I then created a CNAME record to point "test" to "zzz.com".

Sure enough, this doesn't work - well, I guess I wouldn't be posting this if it worked :o) The Main node and it's subfolders and pages work just fine. If I try to go to test.zzz.com I get a 403. If I tried to go to test.zzz.com/TestPage1.aspx I get a 404 with "Server Error In '/' Application".

Can someone please help me with this? I'm guessing each hosting is different and maybe there's something on IIS I need to do? I'm quite lost on this - any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dany.

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Sep 28, 2009 @ 07:51
    Evan Jardine

Hi Dany

It depends a bit on your hosting, to me it sounds like you need to re-create the subdomain and point it to your Umbraco installation.

One of my hostsing providers use Plesk and with that when I create a new sudomain I make sure it points to the same web folder where all the umbraco files are (e.g. /httpdocs/...).

Hope this helps

Cheers

Evan

• Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Sep 30, 2009 @ 23:42
    Dany Wu

Thanks Evan, that was the problem indeed. I am hosted with XHostSolutions in Oz and they use Helm. Unfortunately their sub-domain creation points to a subfolder with corresponding name within wwwroot. I finally got it to work using their Domain Alias setup.

Cheers,

Dany.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft