Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yadwinder singh 43 posts 112 karma points
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 10:09
    Yadwinder singh

how to upgrade the umbraco version on server side?

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade the umbraco version of a site on server side.

I want to upgrade the v4.7.2 to v6.1.3.

After replacing all files,when I'm trying to run the CMS installer,it shows error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Please help me,

Thanks,

Yadwinder singh

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 12:46
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Did you follow the instructions that are here?

Did you try to go from 4.7.2 to 6.1.3 in 1 go? Perhaps it's better to try something like in this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/36029-Upgrading-from-472-to-410

Jeroen

Jul 31, 2013 @ 14:12
    Yadwinder singh

Hello, Jeroen.

Yes, I followed the instructions.

I successfully upgrade the version v6.1.3 from v4.7.2 on my localhost.

Now, the job is to upgrade the site from remote server using remote desktop connection.

And when i made changes on server,

it shows the error that i discussed above.

I observed that the database is upgraded, and the error is only on frontend and cms.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 14:14
    Jeroen Breuer

Umbraco 6 is using MVC 4. Is that installed on the server?

Jeroen

Jul 31, 2013 @ 14:45
    Yadwinder singh

No, MVC4 is not installed on the server.

Aug 01, 2013 @ 09:37
    Yadwinder singh

hiiii

after upgrade from 4.7.2 to 6.1.3 on remote server

the backend is working fine but the site is not working.

following error occur

Server Error in '/' Application.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://umbraco.org/webservices/GetChildNodesContentName.
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest()
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://umbraco.org/webservices/GetChildNodesContentName.
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://umbraco.org/webservices/GetChildNodesContentName.
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1787253
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +345
       ChooseYourDentist.umbracoSrvc.webService.GetChildNodesContentName(String ContentName) +74
       ChooseYourDentist.Controllers.BaseController.OnActionExecuting(ActionExecutingContext filterContext) +277
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +72
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +314
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +811888
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +159
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +335
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +62
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +20
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +54
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +469
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272              

Aug 01, 2013 @ 12:15
    Yadwinder singh

Hello,

Is there anyone to help me?

Please help.

Yadwinder singh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft