Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 13:33
    Barry Fogarty

Issues with upgrading via NuGet

Hello.. not sure if this should be in the dev group, but.. following the Nuget upgrade instructions in the documentation, I opted to overwrite my web.config and the other config files so I could merge them with the created backups.

From http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general:

*You can simply open up the Package Console and type: Update-Package UmbracoCms Or you can open the NuGet Package Manager and select the Updates pane to get a list of available updates. Choose the package called UmbracoCms and click update. This will run through all the files and make sure you have the latest changes while leaving files you have updated.

Don't be alarmed when you get asked if files should be overwritten, the config files are first copied to .config.backup and replaced with new ones to make sure you have the correct configuration in the updated version. If you have made changes to any of the config files you need merge those manually.

Issues encountered:

1. The web.config.backup file seemed to be a backup of the new file? It did not have my previous changes i.e. the connection string and the config status flag. Looking in win explorer, the file was created during the upgrade process so no probs there.
    2. Although I overwrote config files in /cconfig, there were no .bakup files created. I know at least one of these files had a change in it from what was overwritten (Webforms - Mvc in umbracoSettings.config)

It was a simple process to correct these issues, as my install was basic and I knew the connection string. But has anyone encountered these issues? Is it a problem with the Nuget upgrade process?

If so I will create a bug in YouTrack.

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 13:35
    Barry Fogarty

FYI The upgrade path was 6.1.2 to 6.1.3

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft