Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kate 267 posts 610 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 20:41
    Kate

v 4.11.8 Runtime Error in Content section

Hi

I have installed Umbraco v 4.11.8 and it works fine. But when I click the Content icon I get a Runtime Error.

Looks like this:

I have access to all my pages so I have no idea on what is going wrong.

/Kate

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 00:46
    Funka!

Hi Kate,

You will want to turn off "custom errors" which you can do in the site's Web.config file as noted in the error message you're seeing. Once you've done this, you should see a more helpful error message that can pinpoint the problem. Right now, this is just a generic error message that doesn't give any details or clues as to the problem. (Well, other than the suggestion to turn off custom errors if you want to see the actual error!)

Good luck to you!

Aug 06, 2013 @ 09:00
    Kate

Hi Funka!

thanks for your reply.
    Now I get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '30 USERID, NODEID, DATESTAMP, LOGHEADER, LOGCOMMENT FROM UMBRACOLOG WHERE USERID' at line 1

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 11:56
    Charles Afford

Are you sure you dont have a problem with your doc types or properties?  I have seen this before, where there has been either duplication or something was not quite right.  Charlie :)

Aug 06, 2013 @ 12:17
    Kate

I will try and install Umbraco again and see if I get the same error. I don't think it is the doc types, but I think it is quicker to starte again ;-)

Aug 06, 2013 @ 14:39
    Kate

Now it works :-)

I installed a version 4.11.10

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft