Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vince 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 21:58
    Vince

I'm a new user of Umbraco and I have a problem ... to execute my site on local

I am a novice in creating website, although I've already created in 2000, but in pure HTML.

A friend asked me to look at how he could download his site and maintain it itself. I accepted because I remember it was simple.

I installed Filezilla and I download the site as a bkp site. I got pretty quickly realized that the site was created via microsoft tools. After a few questions, I understood that it was created with Webmatrix + Umbraco.

To stay as compatible as possible, I installed Webmatrix + Umbraco.

I placed a copy of the backup site in the path specified in Umbraco and I Click on "run" and it sent me on Umbraco website wondering "set up your new website."

As this is not a new site, I told myself that it was not the right method. So, I deleted all directories. I configured the FTP and I downloaded through Umbraco. The download had going well.

I redo "executed" and Umbraco referred me back to the website asking me "set up your new website."

I thinks that I forgot one step but which?

As I am a beginner and the site has been created by a other guy. And it is therefore more than maintenance, I will like know how I had to do for viewing the site directly on my PC without read all the wiki or forum, a link to the right place wiki will be very appreciate (I have great difficulty with English and there are a lot of informations).

Could you spent a little of your time for me and give me advice, methodes, configuration information (that I don't saw), ...

Many thanks per advance

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 22:18
    Arie

Welcome to Umbraco! It's a great choice, although it's not as easy as some other options. In return, you get a much better system, though.

I didn't read anything about downloading the database. Did you happen to get the database as well as the web site files?

Umbraco (like most CMSs) uses the following components:

1) Web Server

2) Database Server (could be running on the Web Server)

3) CMS application (running on the web server)

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Aug 09, 2013 @ 22:26
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 07:21
    Vince

Hello,

Thx for your response,but I am afraid I do not understand ...

1) Web Server : IIS installed

2) Database Server (could be running on the Web Server) : should I install SQL?

3) CMS application (running on the web server): I don't know. How can I look to verify that

May be have you a tuto with "config Umbraco + SQL + IIS"?

And I always arrive on the page : http://localhost:46139/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx and I have no idea of the password admin requested

Umbraco Login/password

I feel stupid to ask such questions

thanks per advance

Aug 12, 2013 @ 08:27
    Vince

I restart the installation from scratch. I say you if it's the same or not.

Aug 12, 2013 @ 10:06
    Vince

After reinstallation, that's all right ;) Almost, Now, I can't download the site from internet :(

1. I received one Ok from "parametre publication"
    2. I push on "download"
    3. here the parametre: Download option

4. I receveid a echec: root FTP isn't accessible :

12/08/2013 09:44

09:44:45 : Début de la publication par FTP

09:44:46 : Connexion au site FTP « ftp.zzz.com ». .

09:44:47 : Connecté au site « ftp.zzz.com ».

09:44:47 : Lecture des informations de dossier à partir de « /www.zzz.com ».

09:47:35 : La publication a échoué à cause de la fermeture inattendue de la déconnexion.

09:47:35 : Connexion au site FTP « ftp.zzz.com ». .

09:47:36 : Connecté au site « ftp.zzz.com ».

09:47:36 : Le dossier racine FTP « /www.zzz.com » n’est pas accessible.

09:47:36 : Rebex.Net.FtpResponse

09:47:36 : (550).

ERROR: Le dossier racine FTP « /www.zzz.com » n’est pas accessible.

09:47:36 : 221 Goodbye.

With FileZilla it's ok...

Aug 12, 2013 @ 15:00
    Vince

Hé Bien voilà, c'est goal... Oupsss, in English. I found. It was a parameter of FTP. Just a problem to download "umbraco.sdf" Do you have an idea? 14:31:37 : Transféré : AppData/umbraco.config 14:31:37 : Transfert en cours : AppData/Umbraco.sdf (2293760 octet) 14:31:37 : Téléchargement - umbraco.config 14:31:37 : Échec de l’action FTP 550 14:31:37 : . (550).

Same problem with FileZilla.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft