Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• budi erwanto 11 posts 61 karma points
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 05:55
    budi erwanto

How to Copy file from local to server

Hi there,

I have solution that structured like this :

I am using entity framework 5.0 in di Toolkit.Extend.Model layer ( edmx ). And the Toolkit.Extend.Services is just an separation, collection of method ( CRUD ). 

My Question is, this all things run smoothly in my local machine, some i had done :

Copy Entity framework, Toolkit.Extend.Model  and Toolkit.Extend.Services dll from Toolkit bin to the server

when i execute the server control from browser it has error like this :

it seems cannot find the method. What do i missing here ? i already copy the ascx file from usercontrol folder ( my local ) and all the dll i mentioned. Any help guys ? or is there any step by step to manually copy from local to server would be a great help. I'm frustated with this..

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 10:23
    Dave Woestenborghs

Can you do a compare of your bin folders ?

Also have you copied all web.config settings needed for Entity framework. I'm not a expert but I think Entitiy framework needs some config settings.

Dave

• budi erwanto 11 posts 61 karma points
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 05:18
    budi erwanto

Hi dawoe,

Thanks for your reply. So i forgot to copy tookit.dll gosh..

some list that i had done : 

1. in each layer ( Toolkit.Model and Toolkit.Service )  i create a strong key signing. This can be done from properties, just search the signing  tab in properties window.

2. Copy Three dll : ToolKit.dll, Toolkit.Model.dll, Toolkit.Service.dll. Copy EntityFramework.dll and its xml  ( dont know this needed or not )

3. Add Entity Framework setting in Web.Config AKA the connection string

Hope helps other too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft