Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rahul Mohanachandran 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 15:45
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Unable to access non umbraco sub folders

Hi All,

I saw many topic similar to my issue and tried to apply those fixed but it looks like nothing is working at the moment. 

I have many applications under one IIS website which I can access like http://mywebsite/myapplication. Website I had there was a static html, css website and now I am trying to develop my website using Umbraco but after installing umbraco to my root directory my subfolder/applications are not accessible. I tried setting sub folders in umbracoReservedPaths and umbracoReservedUrls but that gave me following error.

Server Error in '/myapplication' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers

So I tried to add in web.config of my application to clear any settings from parent website, but that returned this error.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 18:34
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

Can you take a look at the windows event log to give more detailed error message.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 20, 2013 @ 18:56
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

This the error log from Event Viewer.

Exception information: 

Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException 

Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=SDDSDS231231111' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods()

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=SDDSDS231231111' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

Request information: 

Request URL: http://mydomain.com/myapplication/Default.aspx?testid=123

Request path: /myapplication/Default.aspx 

User:  

Is authenticated: False 

Authentication Type:  

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\MYAPPLICATION 

Thread information: 

Thread ID: 6 

Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\MYAPPLICATION 

Is impersonating: False 

Stack trace:    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)

at System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods()

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

Thanks,

Rahul   

Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:10
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

The other directories are they applications in iis if so do they run under own app pool if they do what is the .net version?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:45
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

Thanks for your reply, Yes they are application itself and they have seperate application pool with .net framework 4.

Thanks,

Rahul

Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:51
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

Those app pools classic mode or integrated?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:58
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

It is in integrated mode.

Thanks,

Rahul

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:02
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

Can you paste config for one of the sub folders need to see how you are getting it to ignore the parent

Regards

Ismail

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:08
    Rahul Mohanachandran

These are the web.config settings from umbraco. I am trying to change umbraco web.config to ingnore my sub folders/application

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/myapplication/,~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />
        <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/myapplication/,~/umbraco,~/install/" />

Thanks,

Rahul

Aug 21, 2013 @ 09:32
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

That is your main web.config I want to see the config you have in the sub folders.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:24
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

Ignore that last question. In your web.config do you have

this needs to be in just before

This will stop child folders from using the web.config in the parent.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:37
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

I tried setting inheritinchildapplications to false on my parent web.config then it started throwing Internal server error on the parent website and sub application.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

So I tried addingon the child application web.config which resulted in showing the same error on my child application.

Thanks,

Rahul

Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:50
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

I am not sure whether this will be helpful this is the structure of my iis.  Sorry i removed some folder names.

Aug 21, 2013 @ 13:03
    Ismail Mayat

Rahul,

I have an umbraco 4.5 site and in there we have an application folder all i had to do was add the inheritinchildapplications setting and it all worked btw this is in iis6 you are in iis7/7.5? although that should all work.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 21, 2013 @ 14:19
    Rahul Mohanachandran

I have IIS 7.5, I am trying to use location tag to wrap everything under configuration.

Aug 21, 2013 @ 14:27
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Also I noticed one thing even when I add inheritInChildApplications without anything inside it I am getting the same error.

Aug 21, 2013 @ 14:39
    Rahul Mohanachandran

Hi Ismail,

I managed to fix it I was trying to wrap config section in location tag which was causing the problem. Now I excluded config section and everything working fine now.

Thanks,

Rahul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft