Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Have been testing upgrading 4.5 - 6, I followed the general upgrade instructions and version specific as much as possible. I merged config files.
I had a few problems during the install, Initially I could not browse the site at all with dll extension errors; I ended up removing all files in /bin that were not in the 6.1.3 /bin.
Next, when I copied the database to test I did not cop PK's and FK's so of course i got an error during the database upgrade, stopped the upgrade and copied the database correctly.
Then the install was succesful.
but now Browsing to the home page rendered blank. I logged in to the backend and all of my nodes and content is there.
I did a republish using: umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true
Same result but /App_Data/umbraco.config was updated and content is there.
I tried to do a preview of a page and it also renders blank but I noticed that a .config was written to /app_data/preview and has content.
I am not getting any errors in the umbracolog table - only show publish performed or open
Also there is no log file at /App_data/Log - actually there is no Log folder at all.
Anybody have any ideas?
I rolled everything back to 4.5.2 and tried the install again - only this time
I first deleted the following folders:
Copied the following folders / files from the 6.1.3 release:
Used the web.config from the 6.1.3 release and added my specific settings and connection string. set umbracoConfigurationStatus to 4.5.2
Since I am also updating to .Net to 4.0 I changed the app pool to 4.0 and recycled
Browse to the website to start the install.
The database configuration completes without error.
And then the install hangs :(
Eventually I stop it and have to restart the website.
Browsing to the site still renders a blank page, I can log in to the backend and all my content is there.
BUT NOW I HAVE A LOG FILE!!
2 things:this is the last part of the log when the install hangs:
2013-08-21 17:13:34,657  ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - [Thread 14] Error executing query select xml from cmsContentXml where nodeID = 2712System.ArgumentException: The query didn't return a value. at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteXmlReader(String commandText, P parameters) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteXmlReader(String commandText, IParameter parameters)2013-08-21 17:13:35,670  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Mappers.BaseMapper2013-08-21 17:13:35,996  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Mappers.BaseMapper, found 17 (took 326ms)2013-08-21 17:13:36,244  INFO UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoLogService - [Thread 6] Field "email" is listed multiple times in the index set "InternalMemberIndexSet". Please ensure all names are unique, Provider=InternalMemberIndexer, NodeId=27122013-08-21 17:13:39,689  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Starting resolution types of umbraco.interfaces.IDataType2013-08-21 17:13:39,768  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.IDataType, found 36 (took 78ms)2013-08-21 17:13:39,783  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Starting resolution types of umbraco.interfaces.ITree2013-08-21 17:13:39,816  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 14] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.ITree, found 36 (took 32ms)
this is probably why I am see blank pages:
2013-08-21 18:04:44,123  INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 15] Content 'Home-en' with Id '1397' has been published.2013-08-21 18:04:44,834  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 15] Starting resolution types of umbraco.interfaces.ICacheRefresher2013-08-21 18:04:44,884  INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 15] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.ICacheRefresher, found 22 (took 49ms)2013-08-21 18:05:21,124  INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 15] Content 'Home-en' with Id '1397' has been published.2013-08-21 18:05:28,297  WARN Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController - [Thread 10] No physical template file was found for template HomeCNI2013-08-21 18:05:45,239  WARN Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController - [Thread 10] No physical template file was found for template HomeCNI
the Name of the template is actually Home[CNI] and it does exist in the masterpages folder.
Updated 8/23:I created a new template file and named it HomeCNI the page renders even though the selected template in the backend is Home [CNI]...
An umbraco version between 6.0.0 and 6.1.6 strips periods, brackets and maybe other things. Rename your templates to something without those and it should work again :).
Having a similar problem with an upgrade from v4.7.2 to v7. Some of our template names do have a hyphen in them so maybe this is the same issue here.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted