Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DarkCoder 19 posts 39 karma points
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 16:56
    DarkCoder

Upgrade from 4.7.0 to 6.1.3. Database conversion went well. Showing 404 pages.

Upgrade steps performed:

• deleted all umbraco related dll's from bin dir (I think)
    • Copied folders from 6.1.3 (bin, Config, Install, Umbraco, Umbraco_Client, Views, xslt)
    • Copied files from 6.1.3 (default.aspx, Global.asax)
    • Merged web.config. Basicly I used the one from 6.1.3 and added application specific stuff + old version and connectionstring.

Upgrade was reported as successfull. 

I can log into backend and I can see my stuff in there. The backend About states that umbraco is now 6.1.3. Excellent. I did a full publish (umbraco.config contains my nodes).

If I access default page using mysite.dk then the page is displayed. If I access the very same page by the full url mysite.dk/dk/forside.aspx then I get a 404. All other pages than the page with the hostname added gives me a 404.

Any ideas?

Aug 22, 2013 @ 08:39
    DarkCoder

If I create a node at the root and use the url mysite.dk/7724 where 7724 is the ID of the node then page is displayed so it is the url resolving which does not work for some reason.

Aug 22, 2013 @ 10:37
    DarkCoder

I installed a brand new umbraco 6.1.3 test site. Url's worked fine.

I used the web.config from this new site on my upgraded site (changed the connectionstring obviously). That did not help. I then copied the web.config from my upgraded site to the new umbraco site. Urls still worked.

I have also tried to switch the bin folders around.

SO, I must conclude that the database is not fully upgraded. Umbraco lied to me when it said that everything went well.

Aug 22, 2013 @ 12:07
    DarkCoder

If I add a new Macro, Template, DocType, Content node then it will display. So only existing nodes do not display. Sigh....

Aug 30, 2013 @ 09:54
    DarkCoder

Thanks guys.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft