Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jaime Flores 2 posts 52 karma points
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 17:35
    Jaime Flores

Deploying Umbraco nuget setup in VS2012

I'm under the impression that deploying an Umbraco website from my development machine to the live server is just a matter of copying the directory containing the website, export/import the database, and updating the configuration.  (Reference: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/8857-moving-umbraco-from-local-machine-to-host-server)

However, when I setup Umbraco using nuget (over an ASP.NET MVC 4 app) in Visual Studio 2012, the readme stated: "It's not possible to create a deploy package from Visual Studio, which contains everything out of the box. This is due to a number of files and folders that are not added to the Visual Studio project. These folders include: install, umbraco and umbraco_client."

Does this mean I have to do some kind of custom deployment setup, or can I just copy everything stated above?  Should I avoid nuget and install Umbraco manually (as recommended here: http://www.ben-morris.com/using-umbraco-6-to-create-an-asp-net-mvc-4-web-applicatio) ?

• Jaime Flores 2 posts 52 karma points
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 16:15
    Jaime Flores

My question was answered over the weekend with the update to 6.1.4.  If you were setting up with nuget before 6.1.4, you should update your installation to that, as it allows you to use the Publish feature in Visual Studio 2012.  (Just make sure everything you want to get included in the published site is included in the normal directory hierarchy in the Project Solution.)

• Marc 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 07, 2013 @ 12:00
    Marc

Hi Jaime,

I'm trying to publish my Umbraco for the first time from VS 2012 and am having problems getting the umbraco folders included in the deployment. I'm running 6.1.5. Is there anything special I need to do in order to enable this?

Thanks,

• Donnie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 26, 2014 @ 06:54
    Donnie

I'm having trouble deploying my website from vs 2012 as well including the database.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft