Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ana 18 posts 37 karma points
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 16:14
    Ana

I need a new Database for Umbraco

Hi!

I'm working with Umbraco since a couple of months and I configure it to work with the database it uses by default, that is stored into add_Data folder. The problem is now that that database is corrupted. I cannot use the information stored there and I have to start from scratch all the development (unless there is a way to reuse the pages i've created but until now I haven't found a solution to this problem).

So my main problem is how I create the structure of the database that umbraco uses? I mean, does anyone have a script to create the tables that it uses? I just need to reconfigure my web to point to that new database and start creating all my inner pages again. But I can´t do this because I don´t know how is the structure of the database. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

• Karlo Medallo 14 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 01:50
    Karlo Medallo

Hi,

The easiest way is to install a fresh umbraco site with the same version of what you're currently using. After that you can point your current site to the new database.

You may want to back up the new db so that you can easily restore it again if needed

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 14:11
    Jeroen Breuer

If you look in the Umbraco v6 source code you can see a method called InitializeDatabaseSchema. I think that is what you need.

Jeroen

Sep 05, 2013 @ 17:20
    Ana

What would happen if I use somebody's database creation script? I mean, in SQL Server 2008 you can make your own database creation script. It export it in a .sql format. Can I use one of those scripts to start a new database? If I can, can anyone send me the .sql file? (it should include all the information, indexes, sql functions, procedures, etc).

Thanks in advance.

Sep 05, 2013 @ 17:22
    Jeroen Breuer

The sql creation script could work. I know older versions of Umbraco (v4) also have the script file somewhere in the source code. For v6 I don't have it.

Jeroen

Sep 11, 2013 @ 22:25
    Ana

How do I know what version I'm running?? I don't remember which one I installed.

Can you send me that script file you have for v4?? Just in case I have that version installed.

Thanks and regards.

Sep 12, 2013 @ 09:14
    Jeroen Breuer

You can check the version number in the web.config. It's the umbracoConfigurationStatus appSettings.

Jeroen

Sep 25, 2013 @ 23:00
    Ana

I'm using 6.0.3 version.

Where do you think I can get the database creation script for this version?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft