Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 03:00
    Daniel

Cannot connect to MySQL database on install

I've been trying to install a new instance of Umbraco using a mySQL db on a local machine (fresh install of mysql). Ive setup with MSSQL databases in the past so I have some experience in installing. I keep getting this error:

"The database configuration failed with the following message: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')"

To me that means it cant even see the instance of mySQL running. I am pretty stuck. I dont know if it is just the server name being wrong or if I misconfigured mySQL? I've tried localhost, localhost:3030 which is the port I set it up on, mySQL, PC-Name/mySQL, and a number of other variations along with the root credentials and another user that I have setup. Nothing seems to be working and I'm not sure where else to look. As I said I really feel I just have the server name wrong, I have no idea what else it would be. I am able to connect to the database using the workbench and command line. Any help would be awesome. I'm betting its something really simple and stupid but I've been going at it for quite some time now and still havent come up with anything. Appreciate any help!

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 03:20
    Daniel
     <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Server=localhost;Port=3030;Database=dbname;Uid=userid;Pwd=password;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />

Got it, I just edited the webconfig directly and now it's working. Connection string above.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft