Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Guy MacArthur 8 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 03:25
    Guy MacArthur

Does umbracoTimeOutInMinutes no longer work for the backoffice?

I'm using a clean install of version 6.1.2 and have noticed that the user timeout in the backoffice is no longer working.  I get no warning message nor am I booted off.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is there a new configuration somewhere else that needs to be set to get this to work again?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 14:00
    Jeroen Breuer

I think that setting doesn't work anymore since 4.7.1. See the release notes:

"We've made the dreaded lock screen disabled by default by ensuring that Umbraco auto-renews login as long as the browser is open. The lock screen can be enabled via a new setting in umbracoSettings.config called /settings/security/keepUserLoggedIn which should be set to false"

So there is an auto renew function to make sure you don't log out.

Jeroen

Sep 05, 2013 @ 14:22
    Guy MacArthur

Right, but I have keepUserLoggedIn set to false, and the timeout set to 20 minutes and it's not logging the user out. I'll try a clean install of the newest build tomorrow.

Sep 06, 2013 @ 01:58
    Guy MacArthur

Just checked with a clean 6.1.5 release, with keepUserLoggedIn set to false, and the CMS still fails to show a warning message and log out the user.  Dissapointing as it used to work back in the day.

• Nicola 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 13:03
    Nicola

Hello,

I have the same problem, I would want to log out the user automatically after some minutes of inactive status.

I tried to set keepUserLoggedIn to false and umbracoTimeOutInMinutes to 1 (this one doesn't work anymore?), but the CMS doesn't log out the user.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft