Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 18:08
    Gianluca

Umbraco loading non-existing DLL in UmbracoApplicationBase

Hello everybody,

I had installed the MySql Connector version 6.6.4. I have then uninstalled that and replaced it with a more recent release, the 6.7.4.

I have no reference to the old DLL in my Umbraco-related projects, yet Umbraco fails to bootstrap as it cannot find the 6.6.4 version.

I have also checked the web.config and the machine.config that are in Windows/Microsoft.NET/etc. and I cannot find any reference there either.

I've checked the UmbracoTraceLog and this is what I find in there:

2013-09-05 17:41:50,931 [32] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 10] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Impossibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' o una delle relative dipendenze. La definizione di manifesto dell'assembly specificato non corrisponde al riferimento all'assembly. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Nome file: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
       in Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a)
       in Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypes(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses)
       in Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.LoadViaScanningAndUpdateCacheFile[T](TypeList typeList, TypeResolutionKind resolutionKind, Func`1 finder)
       in Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.ResolveTypes[T](Func`1 finder, TypeResolutionKind resolutionType, Boolean cacheResult)
       in Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.InitializeApplicationEventsResolver()
       in Umbraco.Core.CoreBootManager.Initialize()
       in Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize()
       in Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e)

AVV: la registrazione dell'associazione di assembly è disattivata.
        Per abilitare la registrazione degli errori di associazione di assembly, impostare il valore del Registro di sistema         [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) su 1.
        Nota: alcune penalità di prestazione sono associate alla registrazione degli errori di associazione di assembly.
        Per disattivare la funzionalità, rimuovere il valore del Registro di sistema     [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Any idea of why UmbracoApplicationBase is trying to load that DLL?!

Thanks in advance, Gianluca.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft