Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jedd 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 13:03
    Jedd

Installing umbraco 6.1.5 on ipage shared hosting

Hi all,

I recently purchased a web hosting package with www.ipage.com along with my domain name. I am trying to install umbraco on my server but am having no luck whatsoever. I have extracted the umbraco 6.1.5.zip on my computer and FTP'd them onto my web server but cannot get the umbraco installation started.

If you know what I should do a detailed description (list of steps) would be greatly appreciated. I NEED UMBRACO!

Thank you in advance,

Jedd

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 13:22
    Bogdan

Hi Jedd,

Not all hosting is the same, and, just like any other CMS, Umbraco has some requirements. The first and most important one is that it needs a Windows server. (Ok, there are some real efforts to make Umbraco run in Mono, but I wouldn't recommend that to inexperienced users).

I had a quick look at the iPage hosting and I'm sorry to say that it seems they don't offer any Windows hosting. Please contact iPage to confirm. There are though many hosting companies that offer good and cheap Windows hosting.

• Jedd 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 13:25
    Jedd

Hi bfi,

Thank you for your speedy reply. I see what you mean, I'm in the process of cancelling my iPage hosting and receiving a refund because I am within the 30 day money back guarentee. Are you able to supply your recommended hosting companies that supply windows hosting?

Thanks,

Jedd

• Bogdan 250 posts 427 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 13:41
    Bogdan

I don't have a list of recommended hosting companies, but I remember there was a discussion on the forum some time ago and many people contributed. I work with a Dutch company with very good results and had good experience with Softsys hosting a couple of years ago. You may also try to google "umbraco hosting", some companies stared advertising that they support Umbraco (although it doesn't need anything special). Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft