Abdul

Installing Umbraco on (intranet)

Hi,

I've tried installing:

Umbraco 6.1.5 on
    local machine (local host) hosted on an
    IIS 7.5 with website configured as
    ASP.NET v4.0 application

i went to the default.aspx and the installation started with no problems.

I tried now to install it on a remote IIS server (on local network). I have exactly the same setup above but i get an error which says: internal server error and that's it!.

I looked at the Web.config file and found some values of variables that points to 127.0.0.1 in the following:

`<network host="127.0.0.1" userName="username" password="password" />`

and

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

do I need to configure those differently or are there guidelines for installing Umbraco on an intranet?

Thank you so much!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 16, 2013 @ 22:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Abdul

None of the above entires in the web.config are the source to the issue.

I'm thinking that you should probably see if your IIS website's app pool is running integrated mode and using .NET 4.0. Also make sure that the app pool is run by the network service user.

You can also have a look at the installation guide here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/ to make sure that there's not something you have missed during the install process.

Also make sure that all neccesary frameworks etc. are installed on the server.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft