Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Eden 2 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 16, 2013 @ 18:00
    Alan Eden

Redirect to login.aspx (and 404) on additional nodes

Ok, so my end goal is to end up with Umbraco running in a load balanced environment using IIS7.5, a Windows clustered file server for the files and SQL Server 2k8 R2.

I've created my first web server, installed Umbraco and created a very crude couple of pages to demonstrate that the set up is working.

I've now added a second server to the environment and followed the guide for load balanced scenarios (here) using a share on the first web server to act as the file server for the moment.

I've been able to get the text of my demo page to appear correctly, but the CSS resources for the page are not loading.  Instead, the requests are returning with a 302 redirect to http://<webserver2>/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fcss%2fdivs.css. ; Unfortunately there isn't a login.aspx file included in the root of the Umbraco web directory, and so the server returns a 404 error.

The IIS application pools are both running as the same identity and both websites are pointing to \\<webserver1>\UmbracoCMS$ as the physcial path.

Apologies if this has already been solved here, I had a look but couldn't see an answer.  I'm hoping that someone else has seen this and can shed some light as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
    Alan

• Alan Eden 2 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 17, 2013 @ 17:26
    Alan Eden

Resolved this myself, documenting here in case it helps others:

In the advanced settings of the website, I changed the "Physical Path Credentials" from pass-through, to specific (setting them to be the same account as the app pool is running as). Now working perfectly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft