Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric K 6 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 18, 2013 @ 17:57
    Eric K

Umbraco spontaneously thinks it has reverted to previous version

Hi.

I am running Umbraco 6.1.5. It is installed into my Visual Studio 2010 solution using the Nuget Umbraco CMS package. 

Originally I installed 6.1.3, then I upgraded to 6.1.4 manually.

Later I upgraded to 6.1.5 via the Nuget update feature.

In both instanced, the upgrade appeared to work fine and I was able to use it for some time. Then spontaneously (like this morning) the site redirects to the install/default.aspx page and prompts me to upgrade to the version I think I am running.

My web.config file (checked via backups) has not changed at all since everything worked. It still says:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="6.1.5" />

The database has not changed at all. I am the only user of this dev database and nothing happened since I went home last night and this morning.

How does Umbraco decide what version is running? No files have changed. The DB has not changed. The web.config has not changed. What could be fooling it to think it is 6.1.4?

Thanks!

Eric

• Eric K 6 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 18, 2013 @ 18:09
    Eric K

I am posting a reply to my own question.

The issue was that a second project in my Visual Studio solution which dumped it DLL into the main Umbraco CMS /bin folder had not been upgraded to the 6.1.5 core binaries.Somehow, upon startup this morning those older binaries must have gotten copied into the main Umbraco folder

Eric

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft