Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Schurmann 15 posts 135 karma points c-trib
    Sep 29, 2013 @ 20:08
    Kim Schurmann

New Setup: No umbraco document matches the url '/'.

Hi,

Just setup an umbraco installation, running on SQL express and IIS 6.1. The setup went fine, but now I am stuck in creating the first page. 

It's hooked up to an MVC 4.5 site which the IIS is pointing at. in the umbraco administration I have setup a root node type called Root, with a template called also called Root. I have created the first node in the node tree - called it "Home". But once I try to access the site I get a 404... What have I missed? Is it a routing thing I have not setup up?

I have checked and followed this post http://www.ben-morris.com/using-umbraco-6-to-create-an-asp-net-mvc-4-web-applicatio but not with much help... 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url '/'.

This page can be replaced with a custom 404. Check the documentation for "custom 404".

This page is intentionally left ugly ;-)

Oct 01, 2013 @ 11:22
    Kim Schurmann

No ideas how this can happen?

Oct 01, 2013 @ 20:39
    Kim Schurmann

Finally had the chance to look at it again and next thing I knew it worked like a charm!

I guess it must have been some caching of the templates/hosts or doctypes - a reboot certainly helped.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft