This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• waqarhabib 9 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 12:37
    waqarhabib

Deploying website (Hosting) developed in Umbraco Problem

Umbraco Version 4

asp.net version 3.5

Webhosting

I was Deploying my website on hosting Provider ixwebhosting, I set database properly , files and folders permissions properly and its deployed as website on root directory not in virtual Directory. It was working fine when I got to browse my Umbraco Admin like www.mysite.com/umbraco. The problem is that I am unable to browse my site, When I browse   www.mysite.com It shows me the follwoing error

404 Error - Not Found The resource you have requested could not be found on the server. There are many possible reasons for this. Either the file does not exist, there is an error in your request, or the file is not accessible in the requested directory. Please verify that:

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 13:52
    dandrayne

Could it be simply that default.aspx needs to be added to the "default documents" in IIS on your hosting platform?

• waqarhabib 9 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 15:08
    waqarhabib

Dear, dandrayne. I have done this. and if this woulb the problem how could I then see http://www.mysite.com/umbraco ; , It shows my default.aspx

I am not much clear but I republish all of content pages from (Umbraco Admin) of  my site on sever and after this its working Now.

Correct me so that Next time I can figure out this problem

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft