Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ed Johnson 8 posts 58 karma points
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 21:37
    Ed Johnson

/base and migration to staging

Hello friends, let me begin by saying that I am fairly new to Umbraco, so please forgive me if this question is trivial or if the answer is rather obvious.

Also, let me begin by saying that my problem is exactly as mentioned here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/31188-base-500-internal-server-error. However, the replies in that post did not help my cause. I tried the suggestion regarding permissions and tried to follow this post: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line, but the problem remains.

Essentially, we are trying to move our working local site to a staging server, everything works as expected except the /base .NET extensions. The website runs fine, but when the /base extensions are needed, we get a 500 Internal Server Error. We have the same versions of the software in both machines, that is Umbraco and the .NET Framework, the web.config and restExtensions.config files are exactly the same, and like I mentioned, permissions don't seem to be an issue.

I hope someone can help me with this issue because I've been at it for several days to no avail.

Please let me know if you require any additonal information, as I will gladly supply it.

Thanks in advance!

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2013 @ 23:43
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Hi Ed,

Can you change set the custom error in your web.config to off to see the actual error rather than the generic 500 internal server error.

<customErrors mode="Off" />

then we can see what's going wrong.

Thanks

Ali

• Ed Johnson 8 posts 58 karma points
    Oct 17, 2013 @ 14:56
    Ed Johnson

Hello Ali, thank you very much for your prompt response. 

We managed to fix the issue. It turns out that another of the developers on my team, the one who wrote the .NET extension, was using a connection string which referenced the local database. Once we chaged that connection string to reference the server database, everything worked as expected.

Thank you, agian, for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft