Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robje 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 14:56
    Robje

Empy treenavigation nodes in administrator section

Hi,

Today I uploaded the umbraco site to our live environment. Everthing seems to work fine, except the admin section. There you can choose between content, media, users, settings etc.

But none of them shows information. No errors shown, just nothing. The navigation tree for each of them stays empty. Does somebody know what's wrong?

Thanks!

• Folkert 82 posts 212 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 15:42
    Folkert

Did you use the crrect AJAXControlToolkit? Using the latest version results in a non working tree

Oct 08, 2009 @ 15:50
    Robje

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe stupid, but is that a part of Umbraco or part of the webserver?

In our development environment (Win 2003 and IIS) it works fine.

• bayshield 50 posts 65 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 15:56
    bayshield

In the umbraco bin folder check that the AjaxControlToolkit file is version 1.01* (right click on the file and select properties->version

• Edward Dudley 80 posts 121 karma points
    Oct 08, 2009 @ 15:59
    Edward Dudley

Do you use umbraco concierge?

I recently had the same problem (content not appearing but everything working fine) after I installed Umbraco Concierge.  The solution was to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version of concierge - a new version was made just to fix this problem I believe.

Oct 08, 2009 @ 16:39
    Robje

@bayshield: I am using AjaxControlToolkit version 1.0.10920.0

@Edward Dudley: I am not sure, I don't think so. I am running umbraco v 4.0.2.1

Oct 09, 2009 @ 14:28
    Robje

I still have this weird problem. Are there more people who have had this problem?

Oct 09, 2009 @ 16:13
    Robje

Ok, I solved the problem. It was a security issue on the bin folder. Thanks anyway for thinking about this problem.

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Mar 18, 2010 @ 16:30
    Ferdy Hoefakker

I am having the same issue. I check the AJAX toolkit and it's correct. According to umbraco my permission settings are also correct and I seriously don't know what the problem could be anymore. It's windows server 2003 with sql2000 as database.

Mar 19, 2010 @ 10:41
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Okay, just to document this for others who might be having this problem, but after combing through the application event log in the event viewer, we found out Umbraco could not write to the windows temp folder with a certain account. Setting these rights solved the issue.

• Qube 74 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 01:24
    Qube

Thanks Ferdy. We had this exact problem on our production server (Windows 2003). To be explicit, I have an umbracoUser Windows account that is part of the IIS_WPG group. It is the identity used for the application pool that includes umbracoCMS. After allowing the IIS_WPG group to modify "C:\Windows\Temp", the admin console trees instantly started working.

Mar 23, 2010 @ 10:14
    Ferdy Hoefakker

You're welcome Ben :)

I figured that after spending the better part of a day on it, it might be helpful to others if I noted my solution in this thread.

• Ali Syme 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 12:54
    Ali Syme

Okay I've seen a lot of suggestions for this (like many, I had no problems until this one hit) and I've tried almost all of them.

First it was TEMP folder then BIN, then root folder, etc. - all these issues have Permission Settings in common.

The affected file is tree.aspx and treeinit.aspx?

I've been trying to amend the security permissions but I've had no luck! I'm not a developer but I know enough to follow your instructions - could I be making a complete n00b mistake?

Umbraco 4.0.3

Windows Server 2003

Amended Permissions for WPG and NETWORK SERVICES for modifying only - but still no solution.

• Sander Houttekier 114 posts 163 karma points
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 12:29
    Sander Houttekier

hm

this is not solved,

1) i use umbraco 4.1 beta 2
    2) i tried setting the app pool identity user write access on c:\windows\temp
    3) i did try switching to ajaxtoolkit 1 instead of 3 (but umb4.1 comes with ajaxtoolkit 3 so i put that one back after trying )
    4) i checked the event viewer, nothing mutch to be found.
    5) filepermissions were checked everywhere
    6) touched the web.config
    7) new tree, in 4.1 beta uses json, the ajax call returns  '[]'  empty ... so its the same but in json equivalent.

what else can i try?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft