Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jedd 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 22:02
    Jedd

Transferring files from local machine onto web server HELP!

Hello my fellow umbraco users,

I have a website that I directly installed umbraco on, got it working perfectly and all I had on the site was a trailer of things to come, nothing else.

I have developed the site locally on my laptop, to transfer it to my live site I removed all the files on my server and copied over the files from my dev site. The homepage is visible fine but it is missing my macros and other content. When I log in to umbraco on my live site, all the nodes and templates/document types etc are the same as the previous site I had before I copied over the dev files. 

Does anyone know what I've done wrong or how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 22:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jedd,

I think that you could try some different things here. The first thing I would try to do was to make an IIS reset on the server and see if it updates the backoffice of Umbraco. If it has no effect will my next step would be to try reloading the notes in the content tree and the different sections in Umbraco.
    If it´s still does not work, then I wIll try delete my browser cache, and see if this was the issue.

No one says you have to try these in that order.

That is just my thoughts of what you could try. I hope my thoughts can help you solve your issue.

/Dennis

• Joe Payne 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 22:48
    Joe Payne

Another possibility is file permissions.   Are you able to view, edit and save a change to a macro from the Umbraco UI?  

If not, then file permissions might need to be reset on your live server after you upload files.  Normally these are inherited, but it's possible the hosting folder was set not to inherit permissions.

Hope that helps!

• Jedd 4 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 22:59
    Jedd

Thanks a lot for your help guys, really appreciate it.

Managed to fix it - I had to backup the database I was using for my dev site and restore the live site database using the .bak file from it.

Thanks again!

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:59
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft