Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Corbins 12 posts 51 karma points
    Oct 19, 2013 @ 09:56
    Corbins

Css seems to be not connected

I've posted this item yesterday, but it seems to be removed.

I installed Umbraco some weeks ago on a (virtual) iis. That works fine. But I want to see the result on another machine, so I copied the whole structure from C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Web Sites\Umbraco CMS to C:\inetpub\wwwroot. One week ago, I did the same and everything looks okay.I could see the site on url web.pragmalogic.nl.

Yesterday I did the same. I could see the site, but withouth any markup; as if the css was not found. The css-file is linked: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/Designit_Green.css" /> . And the css-file is indeed in this folder. Of course, because I copied the whole site-structure.

Dennis gave some help. I've tried to emtpy the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency. No success. Dennis' last tip was:

Okay I was just thinking could it be a file permission issue? You can cheke your permissons on several ways. Just to be sure your file permissions are good you could visit this URL. http://yourdomain.com/install/?installStep=filepermissions Or another way you could do to verify the folder permissions are good is by using the uGoLive checklist in the developer section (second tab). I think you should try this tool to see if it´s passed the checks.http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ugolive

I've installed UGoLive on the 'original' folder. But I don't know how to do something with it. Then I typed install/?installStep=filepermissions in the original structure/folder and everything was okay. I'm not able to do so in the copied folder. I couldn't start web.pragmalogic.nl/umbraco either: server error, 404 - File or directory not found.

I can imagine it has to do with permissions. I copied the folder two times. The first time everything works fine after changing some sharing-options of the Appdata, AppCode and App_Browser folder.

Please help me!!

Umbraco v6.1.5 (Assembly version: 1.0.4993.19246) Windows server 2012 standard.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 19, 2013 @ 13:07
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Corbins,

Okay to run the UGoLive tools, you have to login to the Umbraco backoffe. When you are logged in, Then go to the developer section. When the section has loaded there is a tab called uGoLive checklist (Second tab).

I have made a screenshot, so you can see what I mean. Then try running the checklist, and see if it´s passed all the checks.

I hope this can helps you to found out why the stylesheet isn't connected, and why you get the 404 server error file or directory not found.

/Dennis

Oct 19, 2013 @ 17:16
    Corbins

Hi Dennis, I just performed the check! Folder permissions seems to be correct (the image is a little bit blue):

But a lot of images are missing.

Oct 19, 2013 @ 20:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Corbins,

I am nearly empty of ideas you can try. But since is doesn´t work by deleted the CacheDependency folder. I have found some others who discovered that deleting the CacheDependency didn´t work for them either. But some are talking about clear the TEMP folder under App_Data worked for them.

I really want to help find a solution for you, but is nearly empty of ideas

I was just thinking could it be an idea set up a a clean installl of Umbraco in the wwwroot folder. Then if you can notes that the backend of an clean installation will work fine, then you could try transfer your content, macros, XSLT files or scripting files ect. to the new installation by creating a package with the content

I hope soon you will find a solution.

/Dennis

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Oct 19, 2013 @ 20:45
    Charles Afford

Have you checked chrome tools and checked where the css is being refrenced?  is it the place you are expecting?  Have you tried turning javascript off?  Does that change anything?

Charlie :)

Oct 21, 2013 @ 09:59
    Corbins

Clearing TEMP-folder has no effect.

Turning off javascript has no effect. The css is where it should be (logical because its a exact copy of a working site on the same machine).

Thanks for your help. May be I'll trie to make a clean install in wwwroot.

CorBins, The Netherlands

Oct 21, 2013 @ 10:24
    Dennis Aaen

Okay Corbins,

If you set up an clean installation, you could try what I suggest you in my previous post. And I will love to hear if you get the backoffice of a clean installation to work.

/Dennis

Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:54
    Corbins

Hi Dennis!

I've tried to make a clean installation by installing WPI and Umbraco. There were no problems at the installation. Going to localhost, I see the following:

The problems still exists. The css and the images which should be used are located at the place the html expects them. But they are not shown.
    (Before installing, I removed al the subfolders of c:\inetpub\wwwroot.)

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 12:14
    Mark Bennett

Corbins,

Try this - open up site in IIS.

Click on Authentication --> Right Click on Anonymous Authentication and select Edit --> Change to use Application Pool Identity for Anonymous user identity.

Click OK and then bounce the App Pool.

Did that fix it?

Cheers, Mark.

Oct 31, 2013 @ 17:32
    Corbins

Hi Mark,

This seems to fix it!! Thanks a lot!

Cor

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Nov 01, 2013 @ 10:46
    Mark Bennett

Corbins,

Glad it fixed the issue - if you can mark the question as answered then it may help other peeps find the solutions as well  ;)

Mark..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft