Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 20, 2013 @ 04:26
    Daniel

Installing on godaddy yay!

So, I am trying to install on a godaddy server, running v6.1.5. I am getting the error below. However, I was able to overcome that using the directions listed here about child applications. The urlrewriting error goes away and I just get a 500. Ive been trying to get log files or something to tell me what exactly is going on server side for the error to no avail. Does anyone know what the issue could be/ what direction I could take this in?

I am kind of at a deadend. The connection string I have works for sure, I am running medium trust mysql hosted on godaddy as well, and have done what I described above. Any direction would be awesome, additionally if you need any info from me please ask, this is my first deploy and it may be something really stupid and simple.

Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +70
       System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +39
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +62
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +65
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +38

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 12:03
    Mark Bennett

Daniel,

Have you setup Umbraco locally or are you just trying to get it all running on Godaddy straight away?

Does this help? http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/5486-Configuration-Error-Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-'UrlRewritingNetUrlRewriter'-or-one-of-its-dependencies

Cheers, Mark.

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 26, 2013 @ 01:57
    Daniel

I developed locally and now I am just trying to publish to a godaddy server. There should be no issue with medium trust and I had stumbled upon that article, running integrated pipeline, no other apps should be running in the pool. Essentially what Tega McKinney mentioned to do with no luck. Any other ideas?

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 13:40
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft