Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Denis 47 posts 68 karma points
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 18:48
    Denis

Installed v 6.1.6, Richtext editor not rendered ?

I have installed new 6.1.6 version of umbraco, and i have create new Document Type with "Richtext editor" field.

After adding for example Home page, in Backend UI there is not rendered "Richtext editor", only label ...

Other  types as Datestring or Textstring are rendered an redy for edit ...

Why is that ? Version 6.1.5 is working with no problems ...

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 19:16
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Denis,

Did you run your installation on a SQL CE database, MSSQL or MySQL database?

I have just tried to setup an Umbraco 6.1.6 installation on my local machine using a SQL CE database and I can´t reproduce the issue that you´re exp on my local installation, but I can see someone else have experienced  the same issue, some time ago.

Maybe you could try what Mark W Downie suggest in his blog post.

http://markdevelopmentblog.blogspot.dk/2012/04/umbraco-richtext-tinymce-editor-not.html

Hope this can help you get your Rich text editor back :-)

/Dennis

Oct 24, 2013 @ 20:14
    Denis

Hi Dennis,

it is MSSQL database ... clean new installation several times, same thing ...

In this server i have about 10 umbraco sites, difrent versions, last is 6.1.5 with 6.1.6 /bin updates, and all working well buth clean installation 6.1.6

dou you have personal mail or somthing, i can give you temp link and password

• Christopher 23 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 20:28
    Christopher

Hi,

this is a little out there but I have just had this exact problem today but with umbraco 4.8.0. 

Maybe its not the same accross all versions but I found that if you enable the context menu in the data type settings for the RTE this stopped the javascript errors I was getting.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Oct 24, 2013 @ 20:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Denis,

Have you tried this to see if you get the rich text editor.:

1)  Test: if you change the property Type in your DocType to Textbox multiple and go back you should now see the HTML version of your content.  Now, change the Type Back to a RichTextEditor.

/Dennis

Oct 24, 2013 @ 20:45
    Denis

I have try open site on diferent computer, and it is opened with no problems...

It seems that in chrome was some issues (i was clear all cache), i dont know, now is working ...

Thanks all...

Oct 24, 2013 @ 20:46
    Dennis Aaen

Okay that´s great Denis

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft