Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Gibson 2 posts 50 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 22:33
    Michael Gibson

VS2013 blank MVC solution nuget error

I am trying to get up and running with an Umbraco 6.1.6 application by following the tutorial here:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

This tutorial is successful if you create a blank asp.net webforms application.  However, if you create an empty MVC application, I am getting the following error:

Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc (≥ 4.0.20710.0 && < 4.1)'.
    Already referencing a newer version of 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc'.

I tried manually removing the references, but I cannot seem to get around the issue.  Is anyone else having this issue in VS2013?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 16:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

We don't currently support MVC 5, which I assume VS2013 wants to create by default. Make sure to select .net 4 framework when creating a new project: enter image description here

• Michael Gibson 2 posts 50 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 16:34
    Michael Gibson

Thanks Sebastiaan.  I appreciate the response, and look forward to the MVC 5 update!

Just as FYI, switching to framework 4 worked great.

• Sandro 45 posts 118 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:23
    Sandro

You don't have to pass on .NET 4.5.You can also just use the MVC4 from the Web > Visual Studio 2012 Template. Worked for me.

• Fredrik Heidgert 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 20:35
    Fredrik Heidgert

Although it works to use MVC 4 I'm wondering whether MVC 5 will be supported soon? MVC 6 is on its way you know :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft