Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerry 23 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 20:51
    Jerry

having problem on ef5 connection string

i have install umbraco on my space, it works fine. but only the connection string of all my user controls on ef5 is not working. i can't access my data on user control. which redirecting to the custom error page all the time. i use model first on ef5. example:

<add name="myContainer" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Model.myModel.csdl|res://*/Model.myModel.ssdl|res://*/Model.myModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=mssql.somehost.net.nz;initial catalog=bad_db;user id=baduser;password=badpass;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

anybody any hints? help please...........

:(

Oct 29, 2013 @ 21:07
    Jerry

i already change password and db name and sql server, also the db i were use is using dbo.tablename, the current mssql using username.tablename, do i need to change anything on my model??

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Nov 01, 2013 @ 10:49
    Mark Bennett

Jerry,

Can you connect via sql server management studio using the same details as in the connection string?

Cheers,
    Mark. 

Nov 01, 2013 @ 19:18
    Jerry

Hi Mark thank you to reply, it is ok on development server, but not ok on the deployment server, i think it may cause by the ef5 model first/ db first development, it looks like when ef create model/db it store additional information on db, what it is ? no idea! (from stack overflow) but i still want to know how to fix it, since change large structure is not possible. still stuck.

details{ development: using Vs 2012ULT set up ef5 for my project, host on iis 7, work perfectly attach with umbraco. output a package.

deployment steps: install Umbraco on server, run fine. modify web.config, install package. copy all dlls and css, images, ... to deployment server. then never load any of my user control...

} by the way i got not time for debugging on the deployment server, i have to change my development server to public to serve my client. bad idea

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft