Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 30, 2013 @ 04:37
    Daniel

Deploy issues, 500 in the backend on publishing nodes/ whole site ajax?

1. I have been searching for hours now and haven't found any clear description as to why this is happening. I am trying to deploy 
    2. Umbraco v6.1.5
    3. Windows Server 2008 R2
    4. IIS 7.5
    5. mysql

The backend is up and I can view nodes that were created and I receive this error in a console when trying to publish a node/ republish the whole site. I assume this would be the last step before the site will be functional. I have tried replacing the umbraco folder with a fresh copy from my dev machine. Originally I was having problems with jquery even being loaded, essetinally it was a blank backend. That seems to be fixed, but apparently I am missing files still or perhaps permissions? I IUSR, IIS_USRS, and Network Service all have full control of everything in the folder. I am not sure what else it could be though. Nothing being logged in the tracelog.

Something else that may be notable, when navigating to the domain, I am unable to get past the licensing screen. Seems like it would have to be javascript related but I don't know for sure. This is the first deploy I have done and its been a struggle at best.

1. POST http://domain.com/umbraco/RestServices/BulkPublish/PublishDocument 500 (Internal Server Error)
      jquery.js?cdv=2:4
      1. f.extend.ajaxjquery.js?cdv=2:4
      2. f.(anonymous function)jquery.js?cdv=2:4
      3. self._koViewModel.startPublishPublishDialog.js?cdv=2:41
      4. (anonymous function)knockout.js?cdv=2:54
      5. f.event.dispatchjquery.js?cdv=2:3

Please someone hear my desperate plea!
    Feel free to ask for any further info.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

• Daniel 15 posts 107 karma points
    Oct 31, 2013 @ 20:50
    Daniel

Well, I figured it out after a lot of tinkering. Anyone that has a similar issue with ajax or jquery, here are somethings I tried:

- turn debug on in the web.config

- if you used a publishing tool (VS2010 for me) go folder to folder, make sure nothing is missing that should be there and vice versa

- make sure you have permissions for IUSR, IIS_USRS, and NETWORK_SERVICE all allowed on the site.

- recycle app pool, double check all your iis settings

- restart server

in the end none of that worked for me. there were a few other documents that had info, sorry dont know where they went. In the end I just dumped my old webconfig, downloaded a fresh one from umbraco. added connection strings, added a few changes that i needed and it started working

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft