Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig O'Mahony 364 posts 918 karma points
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 10:28
    Craig O'Mahony

Admin Login

Hi,

I'm set up as an admin for my site and I wish to give another user full admin rights (which I've done) but I've noticed that when he logs in he cannot me as a user in the site, presumably because I'm classed as the 'proper' site admin. 

Is that right? Or is there a way that a another user can be set up to see all users. I ask because if I were to leave the company they would never be able to change the ADMIN users permissions.

Thanks,

Craig

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 12:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Graig,

I don´t know if I understand your question correctly?. But as I understand your question, you want to setup a new user that should be able to see all users in the Umbraco installation.

I just tried setup a new user, and set him as Admin. Then I set up a new user as an editor. When I logged in as the new administrator user i could see the editor user.

So when you setup the new user remember to give the user access to the user section. The only user that the new administrator can´t see the the Admin user.

I hope that I have answered your question correctly, but as I said earlier i'm not sure that I have understand your question 100% correct.

/Dennis

Nov 13, 2013 @ 13:06
    Craig O'Mahony

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response.....maybe I didn't explain properly but my problem is slightly different.

Basically when I initially set up the Umbraco installation it asks for an 'Admin' user (say Admin1 for example) which I've set to be me. Once Umbraco has completed it's installation process and loads up I've then created another user (say Admin2 for example) and I've given this user a User Type of Administrator and access to all sections.

So if I log in as Admin1 I can see Admin1 and Admin2 as users of the site but the problem is that if I log in as Admin2 I can only see Admin2 as a site user and what I expected to see was both users (in effect what Admin1 sees). 

Hope that explains a bit better!

Thanks,

Craig

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 13:59
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Graig,

Okay I'm not sure that it is possible in Umbraco.

/Dennis

Nov 14, 2013 @ 22:25
    Craig O'Mahony

Ah ok, thanks Dennis.

Seems a bit strange though (!) as we could be in a situation where a developer leaves our organisation and we might never be able to 'lock' him out of Umbraco if he (and he alone) knew the main admin credentials.

Thanks again though!

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft