Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• owawee 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 08:42
    owawee

Upgrading from version 3.0.6 to version 6.1.6

We have inherited a website in version 3.0.6. This client now wants to upgrade to the latest version (currenty 6.1.6 but soon to be 7) but this is proving difficult...

From what we gather, our first step should be to upgrade to 4.0.4.2. However, this version doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. The earliest version available on the our.umbraco.org development site is 4.5.0 (which wasn't able to upgrade 3.0.6 database).

Has anyone else tried to upgrade from version 3 recently? Any ideas? We really want to avoid a whole rebuild if at all possible. All suggestions welcome, would really appreciate some help here!

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 08:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Aurelie,

When I have to upgrade an Umbraco solution, I always use the brillant upgrade guide from Lee Kelleher. There you can also find the most of the released Umbraco version including the version 4.0.4.2 that you need. 

I would recommend you to follow the upgrade path, Lee shows further down the site. I have only good experiences with it. But remember to backup your installation first, and check that everything works after each upgrade from one version to the new version.

Hope this helps.

/Dennis

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 09:42
    Dennis Aaen

Hi again Aurelie,

And here is a general guide how to upgrade an Umbraco installation:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general

With some Umbraco installation you will have to something special when you upgrade to the version. 

Here is the documentation for the version specific upgrades:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/version-specific

I hope these links combined with Lee Kelleher´ upgrade guide can help you upgrade from version 3.0.6 to 6.1.6

/Dennis

• owawee 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 05:42
    owawee

Thank you so much for the response!

Will try this and let you know how we go... thanks again :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft