Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Jensen 41 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 16, 2013 @ 15:34
    Morten Jensen

Container content type

Hello fellow umbracians

I am playing with V7 a little and stumbled upon the Document Type Structure "Use as container content type".

What is a "container content type"?

• Rob Gray 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 05:34
    Rob Gray

The only documentation I've been able to find on it is that it is present in the latest version.  I've also had a quick play with it because it sounds exciting and reminds me of Item Buckets that have been made available in Sitecore 7 (coincidence?).  If they are intended to function like Item Buckets, I assume their purpose is to house large quantities of items so that those items are not present in the tree - and hopefully provide a performance benefit with a significantly large number of items.

I've had a small play and that seems to be what happens when I declare a document type as container content type.  Child items are listed in a table view and the item itself does not show up with a icon to indicate it can be expanded to show child items underneath. 

It's a very groovy idea if implemented correctly and is ideal for things like News Items and other things where the number of items is expected to be high. I'm currently working on real estate site and intended to use it for containing properties.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft