Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• selçuk 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 13, 2009 @ 22:26
    selçuk

in installation UmbracoRoleProvider Error

Hi

it is my first message for Umbraco So that I am abit excited :)

I really want to setup umbraco and setup my hosting but still I cant to make this.

I try setup Umbraco 4.0.2.1 and in Plesk Panel  I try to make this link Step 

http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/installing-v400-on-a-plesk-shared-host 

I think I make every think but when I try to write my host name www.site.com.  Install screen could not come and show error ;

How Can I setup Umbraco and Clear this error. :(

Thank in advance

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error:

Line 124:      <providers>
    Line 125:        <clear />
    Line 126:        <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider" />
    Line 127:      </providers>
    Line 128:    </roleManager>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\ilanagaci.com\httpdocs\web.config    Line: 126

• Tim 168 posts 372 karma points
    Nov 06, 2009 @ 10:43
    Tim

I've just had this on one of our installs, did you find a solution to it?

• mc 19 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 06, 2009 @ 14:52
    mc

Hi,

I've just resolved an UmbracoRoleProvider issue by wrapping my config as such, not sure if will help you scenario :

<

location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
    <
    system.web>
    --- STUFF
    </system.web>
    <location/>

This will stop the inheritance to the Child config. You might need to manually add missing elements to the Child config as you go along....
    HTH.
    M.

• Bernie 11 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 08, 2009 @ 22:35
    Bernie

MC,

I'm having the same issue and was wondering if you could elaborate on your reply a bit.  Are you talking about the web.config at the root of the website or possibly in the bin directory?

I've made this change in our web.config at the root without any change in the error on all pages in my site.

Thanks,

B

• mehdi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 26, 2015 @ 05:10
    mehdi

I am having the same issue with Umbraco 7. Before that I was receiving permission error in AppData directory. Once I solved it by giving read/write/execute permissions to all files in AppData directory via FileZilla, I started to see this weird error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft