Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Cook 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 02:48
    Darren Cook

Interested in installing at ASPHostServer.com

I am very new to Umbraco (I haven't downloaded yet) and I am trying to find the installation instructions for installing to a hosting provider such as ASPHostServer.com.  I saw the newbie guide and I checked the installing umbraco on the main website but I still really don't know what to do.  I apologize for my ignorance.

I have Visual Studio 2008 installed on my local machine.  Do I need to enable IIS or is using the virtual server provided with Visual Studio enough?  Do I need to install Umbraco to my local machine or just to to ASPHostServer.com?

If someone could point me in the right direction to a tutorial or some documentation regarding this I would appreciate it.

• Billy Koch 77 posts 31 karma points
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 05:14
    Billy Koch

You can install it either way - but yes you do need to have IIS running on your machine if you want to do a local copy.  Or you can just copy all the files over to the host server and run it from there.  But before you do so you MUST make sure you have at least full trust in some areas or you will run into some issues.  There are a few American hosting companies that have Umbraco set up on their shared hosting with no issues.  But this is the first I have heard of on ASPHostServer -

To install it on your local machine go here http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/installing-umbraco-4-on-localhost

Good luck and hope this helps!

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Oct 16, 2009 @ 17:24
    Barry

Works fine with ASPHostServer  , I have two Umbraco installs there - not the most reliable host but its full trust. Just make sure they give full write permissions to all folders , had issues with lucene index.

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Feb 18, 2010 @ 21:26
    Barry

Major issues with ASPHostServer. Now using pickaweb in the UK . Full Trust. No issues so far.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft