Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wade 11 posts 31 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 17:14
    Wade

Umbraco Public Access Not Working with Roles after Upgrade

Hi - We have 1 server with 2 instance's of Umbraco running.  Old version 4.0.4 and the new version 6.1.1. 

Both servers have the same security on them.  There was a user account created in IIS so anyone that tries to access this folder, would get prompted to login using those details before they could download the file.

This works fine in Umbraco 4.0.4, but now that we Upgraded to Umbarco 6.1.1, this doesn't work as it used to.

Most of the documentation about this refers to permissions and it not being set correctly, however they are identical in setup.

Where Umbraco 6 has new features in it, I feel that there may be some code added or removed during the Upgrade that now doesn't allow IIS authentation.  Each time on the Upgraded version we try to access the file, we get the /login.aspx?ReturnUrl= that goes to a 404 page. 

We also use YAF for our Forum, which is also tied into Umbraco but we have the same code in the web.config about the yaf members. 

Therefore I tried to use the "Public Access" feature of Umbraco to avoid the IIS issues, but each time I try to login using the new member I created, and in the role, it still won't allow me to access the files. 

The weird thing is that if I login to the YAF forum, I can download these secure files, even though I have specified that the only group/role that should be able to access a file, is the userdownload member group...

I ran the permissions check with "Permissions are perfect"... So running out of things to check/change to get this working.  Any help would be very appreciated. 

• Wade 11 posts 31 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 19:53
    Wade

FIXED!  Had to change <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> to <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="false">.  Then the windows pop-up box for authentication does what it should again..... !!!!!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft