Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristoffer Eriksen 185 posts 465 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 12:24
    Kristoffer Eriksen

You must set the singleton

After creating the solution in a productionenviroment, I get the following error

Server Error in '/' Application.

You must set the singleton 'Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext' to use an sql syntax provider
    Parameter name: SqlSyntaxProvider

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: You must set the singleton 'Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext' to use an sql syntax provider
    Parameter name: SqlSyntaxProvider

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

The only other post I can find regarding this error is on StackOverflow

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15443778/umbraco-v6-deploy-to-production-server-getting-db-exception-content-and-media-t

but it doesn't solve my problems.

I got it working on my local machine, and on a QA-server inhouse, but not in a hosting enviroment.

I got the exact same errors as in the stackoverflow-post.

Any suggestions ?

Nov 27, 2013 @ 12:25
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Sorry...Umbraco version 6.1.3

Nov 27, 2013 @ 12:25
    Kristoffer Eriksen
    [ArgumentNullException: You must set the singleton 'Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext' to use an sql syntax provider
    Parameter name: SqlSyntaxProvider]
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext.get_SqlSyntaxProvider() +89
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoSqlExtensions.From(Sql sql) +93
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.GetBaseQuery(Boolean isCount) +116
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +36
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +269
       Umbraco.Core.Services.FileService.GetTemplate(Int32 id) +71
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindTemplate() +937
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +234
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +91
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +309
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__7(Object sender, EventArgs e) +84
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 12:32
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Deleted the web.config.

Checked, checked and checked again regarding the connectionstring.

Uploaded the web.config again.

And now it works....

• David Sheiles 67 posts 337 karma points
    Feb 12, 2014 @ 13:04
    David Sheiles

Hi I had the same issue. checked the connection string over and over again and still got the error. Re-uploading the web.config fixed my issue as well.

• Keith Donnell 82 posts 187 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 14:28
    Keith Donnell

In our case, we had "Encrypt=True" in the connection string. Removing this corrected the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft