Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 09:54
    Terry Clancy

Umbraco 7.0.0 Installation Hangs Connecting to Database 5%

I am still having problems reliably and consistently installing Umbraco 7.0.0 to GoDaddy Hosting. 

I have been banging my head against this for the last four days so any help would be appreciated.

My current installation is hanging at the step connecting to database 5%

I have 

• Checked file and folder permisions
    • Connected with the same DBuser credetials via SQL Management studio
    • Assigned the following assigned the following Schemas to the same DBUser 
    db_accessadmin
    db_backupoperator
    db_datareader
    db_ddladmin
    db_owner
    db_securityadmin
    After I got the 5% error I tried adding the following to the web.config but it did not help (however it did allow the installation to progress further than 5% to 90%:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="DefaultConnection" connectionString="server=184.168.47.15;database=terryclancy_smiudb11;user id=DBuser;password=DBPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
      <add name="umbracoDbDSN"      connectionString="server=184.168.47.15;database=terryclancy_smiudb11;user id=DBuser;password=DBPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
            </connectionStrings>

No tables were created in the database.  The errors from the UmbracoTraceLog.txt are as shown below
    When I got the 5% error:
    ==================
    Error listed in the browser:
    -------------------------------------
    Installing Umbraco
    The Umbraco database is being configured. This process populates your chosen database with a blank Umbraco instance. 
    5% 
    Connecting to database..
    The errors from the UmbracoTraceLog.txt
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2013-12-02 01:47:12,718 [197] INFO  Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 194] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.0.0',''
    2013-12-02 01:47:12,718 [197] INFO  Umbraco.Web.UI.Install.InstallerRestService - [Thread 194] Running 'InstallOrUpgrade' service
    2013-12-02 01:47:12,718 [197] INFO  Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 194] Database configuration status: Started
    2013-12-02 01:47:12,812 [197] INFO  Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 194] Database configuration failed with the following error and stack trace: Cannot open database "terryclancy_icudb01" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'icudb01user'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    When I got the 90% error (After adding the to web.config
    ========================================================
    Error listed in the browser:
    -------------------------------------
    Installing Umbraco
    The Umbraco database is being configured. This process populates your chosen database with a blank Umbraco instance. 
    90% 
    The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot open database "terryclancy_icudb01" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'icudb01user'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')
    The errors from the UmbracoTraceLog.txt
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2013-12-02 01:51:00,803 [199] INFO  Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 200] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.0.0',''
    2013-12-02 01:51:00,803 [199] INFO  Umbraco.Web.UI.Install.InstallerRestService - [Thread 200] Running 'InstallOrUpgrade' service
    2013-12-02 01:51:00,803 [199] INFO  Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 200] Database configuration status: Started
    2013-12-02 01:51:00,928 [199] INFO  Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 200] Database configuration failed with the following error and stack trace: Cannot open database "terryclancy_icudb01" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'icudb01user'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
  • Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 17:10
    Terry Clancy

This issue has been solved - I made a Server Name error where there were two underscores "__" in the server name instead of one "_"  I did not notice that problem previously.   I still have install issues ! but this problem as described has been resolved :-)

Terry

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft