Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle 24 posts 63 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 15:41
    Kyle

Nuget update 6.1.3 to 7 Failure during install steps

Hi,

Hitting an issue after using nuget to update my umbraco installation.

After Nuget has updated the umbraco package, I've run the solution the install screen comes up, I've plugged in the Connection string details. It Then crashed as it put the connection string in the web.config file not the config/connectionStrings.config < so I moved it. Then it connects to the DB and upgrades it fine. Then on the next step it crashed again. I saw that it had added the key to the web.config file so i moved that to appSettings.config. The installation step still erorros. The front end of the website shows but the Umbraco backend gives another error. Did think it was a bit weird that the version in the key was 6.1.3 ?

I've doubled check all the DLL files are included in the project and other new files and rebuilt but no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

Error from the /umbraco screen

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.umbraco'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="umbraco.aspx.cs" Inherits="Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.umbraco" %> Line 2:

Source File: /umbraco/umbraco.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18055

Error from the install page:

Server Error in '/' Application. Error occurred during a cryptographic operation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Error occurred during a cryptographic operation.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: Error occurred during a cryptographic operation.] System.Web.Security.Cryptography.HomogenizingCryptoServiceWrapper.HomogenizeErrors(Func`2 func, Byte[] input) +115 System.Web.Security.Cryptography.HomogenizingCryptoServiceWrapper.Unprotect(Byte[] protectedData) +59 System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(String encryptedTicket) +9570470 Umbraco.Core.StringExtensions.DecryptWithMachineKey(String value) +170 Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.get_UmbracoUserContextId() +178 Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.ValidateCurrentUser(HttpContextBase httpContext, Boolean throwExceptions) +29 Umbraco.Web.UI.Install.Default.OnInit(EventArgs e) +129 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +489

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18055

• Igor 1 post 21 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 17:12
    Igor

Hi Kyle,

Have you managed to resolve the issue. We are upgrading a project from 6.1.3 to 7 and we have exactly the same issue.

Thanks,

Igor

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft