Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Olbert 87 posts 117 karma points
    Oct 16, 2009 @ 01:34
    Mark Olbert

Installing on IIS7: Classic versus Integrated Mode

I used Web PI to install Umbraco on a machine running Server 2008/IIS7. The install went fine, but I was unable to access the backoffice UI. After playing around with a bunch of stuff, I stumbled across a solution: run the application pool in classic, rather than integrated, mode. That's not best practice, but it works.

However, I would like to get things running in integrated mode. To that end, I happened to notice that there's a section, commented out in the web.config file that comes with the standard download, that implies it's needed to run under IIS7 in integrated mode.

Unfortunately, simply uncommenting that section, changing the nature of the app pool, and restarting the website doesn't do the trick. I have the same problem not being able to access the backoffice UI (the specific error, BTW, is a 404/file or directory not found).

So...how do I get Umbraco running under IIS7 in integrated mode?

- Mark

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Oct 16, 2009 @ 02:52
    Paul Blair

Hi Mark,

you can check out my post for using integrated mode:

http://blog.fairlieagile.co.nz/2009/5/24/setting-up-a-new-umbraco-project

Cheers

Paul

• Mark Olbert 87 posts 117 karma points
    Oct 16, 2009 @ 05:57
    Mark Olbert

Okay, thanks. I think I did that in the course of my testing, but I'll try again to be sure.

BTW, are these steps path-dependent? In other words, do you have to set up the site as an integrated site before doing the rest of the install?

- Mark

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft