Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob 43 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 25, 2013 @ 18:38
    Rob

Umbraco 6.16 doing an auto logout most times i try to save or edit content.

Umbraco v6.1.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.5021.24867)

I just deployed this to my host - they configured it to run unders it's own app pool and gave it a wild card mapping to the asp process, they also confirmed it was setup to run MVC 4.

THe site views ok, but when you login to edit something, any time you try to do something there is a 90% chance that it will show you the login box again. I have been able to save a change about 2x, but every other attempt to click save and publish causes the site to log me off.

Any ideas as to what to look for? Any suggestions as to what my host may need to do to get things running?

Any logs to look at?

Thanks in advance

Rob

PS if you are interested in testing it, i will give you a login and password for the admin part of the site (no real content yet, just errors when you try to add it :)

PPS the exact same web application directory on the host runs a 4.X site perfectly. - In VS the 6 project works without a glitch.. So i am guessing it is a server settting but have no idea as to what to tell my hosting company or look for myself.

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 14:58
    Marcio Goularte

Hi Rob,

this topic is not the same problem?

Dec 26, 2013 @ 16:45
    Rob

Yes, i just decided it was in the wrong forum as there was no response for 3 days and that seemed very unusual for these forums.. I have replied to the question/answer there.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 17:22
    Charles Afford

Its because you data is erroring either umbraco or a dll you a are running.  When does this happen?  Charlie :)

Dec 26, 2013 @ 17:44
    Rob

Most often if I hit "Save and Publish", but it will also happen when i try to view a template or add a new page. It almost seems that after two actions in the "Admin" section the system logs me out. Often without completing what the last action was (but sometimes not)

In visual studio on my local system, everything runs fine. I installed the project using an MVC4 blank site as a template and then got the link for installation from nuget. In preparation i removed the files from App_Code directory, removed the web.config from the views directory and the global.asax files - as per the installation instructions on the "surface controllers" videos. Currently the site is only about 2 pages.

Dec 26, 2013 @ 17:56
    Charles Afford

Has this happened from the start or when you started trying to use surface controllers?  If you installed a blank instance does it do the same thing.  My gut feeling is you have some code running somewhere that is not valid.  

Do you have a page setup in Umbraco, can you access it?

Dec 26, 2013 @ 19:07
    Rob

Charles,

sorry - re surface controller. I dont have any surface controllers. I just did the installation of Umbraco as per.. http://umbraco.tv/videos/developer/fundamentals/surface-controllers/setting-up-the-vs-solution/

The project only had two document types (Home Page, Web Page) and three templates (Site Template, Home, Web page). Properties were very simple Page Title, Body Text, Umbraco Navi Hide, Meta Keywords, Meta Description.

One style sheet and one custom style for use in the rich text editor.

The site was so simple, there were NO macros being used, that I was thinking it was really just testign the setup of the website and nothing else. It was really testing the installation on my host. It was working great for umbraco 4.x, but when i attempted to deploy a site using the latest and greatest (7) everything crashed. My hosting company only supported net 4.5 and didn't offer full trust, so I decided to back down a version or two.

I have actually blown away the db objects and tried to take it down to 4.11.10, but now i am gettin issues with the System.Web.WebPages.Razor dlls :)

An old and reasonably complex project was built with 6.0.0 runs great in the same directory. I am contemplating blowing everything away and starting from scratch again.

Dec 30, 2013 @ 21:20
    Charles Afford

Hi sorry rob for the late responce been busy :)

Dec 30, 2013 @ 21:23
    Charles Afford

By the sounds of it, i would quite and start again, esp if you have modified the DB.  It will just save time i feel.

Charlie :).  If you need any more help plase ask :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft