Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Brown 125 posts 290 karma points
    Dec 31, 2013 @ 17:18
    Steve Brown

can't load media or css after moving umbraco to new server

I have an installation of umbraco 6.16 i moved from server 2008 to server 2012. It seems to work ok, except I seem to have some kind of permissions issue. On the new server, the site won't load any media or style information. it's just the raw content. I notice if I log into the site, then it loads the media and styles correctly.

Dec 31, 2013 @ 18:33
    Steve Brown

It does indeed to be some kind of permission issue. I gave "Everyone" read access to the umbraco folder in wwwroot and now it works. I'm not sure what account would be missing the permissions though, and I don't want to leave "Everyone" with read access. It may be an issue with server 2012, not sure. I couldn't find any installation instructions specific to 2012. Any guidance would be appreciated.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 01, 2014 @ 16:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Steve,

Maybe it could be the same issue as here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/45572-Css-seems-to-be-not-connected?p=0#comment164117

I hope this can help you.

/Dennis

Jan 02, 2014 @ 14:43
    Steve Brown

Dennis, thank you so much! That worked. In IIS, I selected my site. Then I chose Authenticaiton. Right-click Anonymous Authentcation, select Edit. Changed the Anonymous user identity to Application pool identity. All was right again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft