Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Trumf 78 posts 160 karma points
    Jan 06, 2014 @ 14:36
    Rasmus Trumf

Umbraco 6.0.5 in an load balanced environment

Hi all

I have followed this http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/load-balancing and done everything after the "book" but it dosent work!!

There are no errors in the log after publish.

I use DFS and have excluded folder Temp & logs and file umbraco.config. 

I have 3 servers: www1.mydomail.local, www2.mydomail.local, www3.mydomail.local The servers are in an AD. They are single instances and not in a cluster.

www1.mydomail.local is my master and I use that local domain to log in to backoffice.

So far i have to copy umbraco.config from server1 to server 2 and 3 and recycle to make things work...

Could someone please help me out here

Rasmus

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 10, 2014 @ 17:06
    Dan Lister

Hi Rasmus,

It sounds like your Distributed Calling isn't setup correctly or your servers can not talk to each other. Are you sure you've setup Umbraco's Distributed Calling correctly? You might want to try connecting to each of the servers from your main server to see if they can talk to each other.

Dan.

Jan 16, 2014 @ 09:36
    Rasmus Trumf

Hi Dan, sorry for my late reply.

I have this in my umbracoSettings.config:

<distributedCall enable="true">
        <user>0</user>
        <servers>
          <server> www1.mydomain.local</server>
          <server> www2.mydomain.local</server>
          <server> www3.mydomain.local</server>
        </servers>
      </distributedCall>

I have tried with 1 and 2 in user but that didnt help (we are two admins)

From  www1.mydomail.local I can open a browser and see the service description on both www2.mydomail.local/umbraco/webservices/CacheRefresher.asmx and www3.mydomail.local/umbraco/webservices/CacheRefresher.asmx wich I read is what the master server calls on the other servers and www2 and www3 can open www1. So they can communicate both ways.

Maybe there is some other way or port thI have to open or is it enough with port 80??? I can't think of anything else other than some server setting or DNS thing...

Rasmus

Jan 16, 2014 @ 09:51
    Rasmus Trumf

Is there anyway to test that the credentials is ok when calling the cacherefresher from www1 to www2 like:

www2.mydomain.local/umbraco/webservices/CacheRefresher.asmx?op=RefreshAll&uniqueIdentifier=guid&Login=string&Password=string

Where can I find the uniqueIdentifier and is credentials from my admin profile in plain text ??

Rasmus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft