Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 29 posts 110 karma points
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 04:22
    David

"The installer encountered an error" Overflow Starter Kit

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error when using the Overflow Starter Kit.  I install Umbraco CMS nuget package, build the project, then run it.  I follow the Umbraco setup wizard, choose Overflow starter kit, the install starts, butthe error occurs when the progress bar is at about 5%.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'HttpResponseMessage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Jan 08, 2014 @ 04:27
    David

(System.Net.Http is referenced in the project)

• Bassem Mohsen 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 03:02
    Bassem Mohsen

I am having the exact same problem.

Jan 09, 2014 @ 06:01
    David

The problem was that I'm using VS 2013, which defaults to .net 4.5 for new projects, and HttpResponseMessage is different in .net 4.5.  

If create a new project using .net 4.0 it works, intall umbraco via nuget and then install the starter kit it works without issue.

• Simon B. Nielsen 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 13, 2014 @ 09:13
    Simon B. Nielsen

If you want to use Visual Studio publish selecting 4.0 screws it over since businesslogic.dll is built against 4.5 meaning that and the umbraco DLLs does not get publihsed with it. An alternative solution would be to create the project against 4.5 as usual and then add the following lines to the /web.config:

<assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Net.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
      </assemblies>

That should fix it as well and the Visual Studio publish feature will not skip the DLLs built against 4.5.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft