Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jack 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 19:53
    Jack

Upgrading from 6.1.1 to 7.0.1

Hi!

I have a site build in Umbraco 6.1.1 and now I would like to use the new cool Umbraco 7 for it. When I tried to upgrade the site (with nuget update in VS2012) I get this when i get in and check out DataType. When clicking on a DataType:

Could not load type 'umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editDatatype'.

The reason why I check DataTypes is because I can't find the new DataType MultiMediaPicker and MultiContentPicker and I wanted to active them.

If I install a new empty Umbraco 7 everything works fine.

I have even tried to first upgrade the site to 6.1.6 and then to 7.0.0 (nugget style) but that didn't help, still same result.

One thing that I had to do after the upgrade was to remove:

<add name="CanvasProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider, umbraco" /> from ClientDependency.config or the site would crash.

One other odd thing is that in the upgraded Umbraco 7 all the left buttons (settings, content, media and so on) are illustrated with text, but on the empty Umbraco 7 site they are shown as images. Other then that the rest of the site works.

Is there a way to fix this? If not is there a way to export data from 6.1.1 and import it in 7.0.1 so that I don't have to create all data again.

Best Regards

Jack

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft