Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Eriksen-Aagreen 29 posts 76 karma points
    Oct 19, 2009 @ 16:17
    Søren Eriksen-Aagreen

Packages missing in developer tree

Hello fellow Umbracians,

I just did an upgrade from a version 3.0.6 to a 4.0.2.1 - all in all it seems fine, but I'm missing the packages node in the developer tree - does anyone have any idea what to do ?

btw: Sorry if this has been asked a trillion times, but the forum-search was a little buggy when posting :S

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 19, 2009 @ 20:18
    Dirk De Grave

Yep, have seen this before. Check whether all folders are in place, especially the /data folder. Can you find out whether you have a /packages folder in there, and a created and installed subfolder? If not, try to copy from a fresh v4021 release. Don't forget to restart app afterwards.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:15
    Søren Eriksen-Aagreen

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply, I copied the folders from a fresh install, but no luck - I get the package node in the tree, but nothing under, and it throws this when selecting the packages:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.repositories.Repository.getAll() +62
       umbraco.loadPackager.Render(XmlDocument& Tree) +1228
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.LegacyTree.Render(XmlDocument& Tree) +40
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.LegacyTree.Render(XmlTree& tree) +72
       umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.LoadTree(String treeAlias) +68
       umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +150
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +12
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

I guess I am still missing som pieces to the installation - will investigate further..

Oct 22, 2009 @ 12:31
    Søren Eriksen-Aagreen

Ok, so I was missing the following in the config->umbracoSettings.config

<!-- Configuration for repositories -->
      <!-- Add or remove repositories here. You will need the repository's unique key to be able to connect to it.-->
      <repositories>
        <repository name="Umbraco package Repository" guid="65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66" />
      </repositories>

Adding this made the packages reappear.

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 11:46
    Claushingebjerg

I have the same problem, but the above doesnt solve it... For fun i tried to provoke it by creating a new package. When saving i got the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.repositories.Repository.getAll() +60
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages._Default.saveOrPublish(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e) +269
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +8738382
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +176
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 15:05
    Claushingebjerg

hmmmmm now it has somehow repaired itself... Strange

• Alastair Todd 44 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 15:29
    Alastair Todd

I wish mine would!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft