Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yoni 49 posts 118 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:27
    Yoni

Installing Umbraco 7. in Web Matrix?

I have tried installing Umbraco with Web Matrix, but it only installs version 6.1.6 and not 7.02?

Why?

Also,  I am new to Umbraco, should I use 7 or 6?

Thanks,

• Marcio Goularte 388 posts 1360 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:33
    Marcio Goularte

Hi,

Some error appears? post here for us to see.

The Installation is the same for both versions. Access documentation can help.

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/

regards!

Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:46
    Yoni

No errors, just simply it does not offer 7. It just installs 6.

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1281 posts 3992 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 19:06
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Yoni

You can just download the latest version from here: http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/702

If it's a new install I would go for Umbraco 7 - you get the much better and improved backoffice UI. Even there still might be some bugs, you can always upgrade later...

After downloading Umbraco, you should extract the folder to the Webmatrix website folder - on my computer it's located here: C:\Users\Bjarne\Documents\My Web Sites

When you have extracted the files you should have a folder e.g. called UmbracoCms.7.0.2 localed inside the folder "My Websites" ..
    Next you right-click the folder UmbracoCms.7.0.2 and choose Open as a Web Site with Microsoft WebMatrix or you could open WebMatrix and then open the website folder.. and finally click the button "run". Then you should see the install of Umbraco in your browser. Go through the steps and then you should have a ready Umbraco installation locally.

/Bjarne

Jan 23, 2014 @ 20:53
    Yoni

Thank you for answering both of my questions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft