Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 17:32
    Craig Cronin

Umbraco and GIT

Firstly sorry if this is not the correct place for this question, but I am using GIT for my umbraco project and have tried everything to exclude the ExamineIndexes sub folders but whatever I do doesn't seem to work.

I would expect [Ex]amine[Ii]ndexes/  would exclude the files below but it has no affect.  Just hoping that somebody has experience of this with Umbraco :)

#       modified:   .gitignore
    #       modified:   src/www.taidewis.co.uk/UMB.TaiDewis.Umbraco/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt
    #       deleted:    src/www.taidewis.co.uk/UMB.TaiDewis.Umbraco/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/Index/_6x_1.del
    #       modified:   src/www.taidewis.co.uk/UMB.TaiDewis.Umbraco/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/Index/segments.gen
    #       modified:   src/www.taidewis.co.uk/UMB.TaiDewis.Umbraco/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/Internal/Index/segments.gen
    #       modified:   src/www.taidewis.co.uk/UMB.TaiDewis.Umbraco/App_Data/umbraco.config
    #
    # Untracked files:

Jan 27, 2014 @ 17:47
    Craig Cronin

Sorry, after lots of testing can see the issue :)

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 17:48
    Jeroen Breuer

Could you please post the working version?

Jeroen

Jan 27, 2014 @ 19:19
    Craig Cronin

Sorry Jeroen, it was a silly mistake really.  I didn't realise that the gitignore only works with untracked files.  I was updating the gitignore file after the Examine indexes had already been created and added to the repository.

Even though i was then trying to tell it to exclude these files it was ignoring my instructions. 

1. I changed the status of these files to untracked
    2. Then added my ExamineIndex exclusion to the gitignore file

And all is now working fine 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft